Inside Sales Representative
|November 19, 2012 - December 01, 2012|
|Location:||Sioux Center, IA|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate With Experience|
|Benefits:||Complete Benefits Package: Health, dental and vision insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Assistance, and PTO.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Animal Health International, Inc. the premier animal health products distributor offering cattle, equine, poultry, swine and companion animal products and supplies. We have a career opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative to join our team. You will perform Inside Sales duties at the professional level in an existing facility located in Sioux Center, Iowa while working in a tele-sales and SAP automated environment.|
We offer competitive pay and a complete benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Assistance, and PTO.
1. Interact effectively with customers to develop a personal awareness of their operation and needs.
2. Perform the steps in the selling process as required to meet the selling plan.
3. Provide service that is appropriate for account potential.
4. Maintain acceptable gross profit margin as directed by Sales Supervisor.
5. Maintain social, ethical and organizational professionalism in all job related activities.
6. Emphasize Animal Health International and other position products.
7. Promote and support company Technologies and there people where appropriate.
1. Protect and administer the company's accounts receivable assets in the assigned territory according to the procedures set forth by Animal Health International.
2. Assure the customer accounts are paid in full within designated terms and communicate with the Sales Supervisor, Regional Controller, and, if necessary, Animal Health International Credit Manager regarding the resolution of past due accounts.
3. Assure that all adjustments, reconciliations, court filings and other pertinent dealings are performed accurately and timely.
1. Analyze territory market conditions and forecast future needs of customers.
2. Establish objectives for individual calls and for the territory that is consistent with Division and Animal Health International objectives.
3. Develop business-aligned strategies for each major account.
4. Develop business-aligned strategies for each call.
5. Control expenses within approved budget.
6. Maintain Company property in an orderly and usable state according to company Policy and Procedures.
1. Budget time and activities according to account potential.
2. Develop and maintain an attitude of cooperation with and support for manufacturer representatives, Outside Sales Representatives, Sales Supervisor, and other company personnel.
3. Write orders, prepare territory reports, and prepare all necessary correspondence on a timely and accurate basis as directed by company Policy and Procedures.
4. Plan daily call schedule and activities so that time is used productively.
5. Keep territory records current.
1. Develop skills in selling, planning, time and territory management, and communication.
2. Maintain a current knowledge of Company products, policies, procedures, programs, selling skills, market conditions, and competition.
3. Analyze success and failures to learn from previous experiences.
4. Maintain a good driving record.
1. Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to ISR Sales Supervisor as necessary with persons in distribution, credit and accounting.
2. Authority: The authority for performing activities, such as meetings or specifying delivery dates should be done with consultation from the ISR Sales Supervisor. Authority for pricing remains with the ISR Sales Manager but recommendations should be made by the Inside and Outside Sales Representative.
3. Accountability: Representatives have an obligation to see that these assigned activities are performed, and report the level of performance to the ISR Sales Supervisor and others as required.
4. Communications: Communicate regularly and punctually with the ISR Sales Supervisor and other Company personnel regarding performance, orders, complaints, inquiries, market conditions, the effectiveness of selling programs and competitive activities.
• Animal Health, Dairy, Production Beef or equivalent experience preferred
• Outbound Calling Experience Preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communicaton skills
• Understanding of the strategic planning process
• Previous experience in automated ordering environment very helpful
• Microsoft Office experience is preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.