Material Handler II
|December 06, 2012 - January 30, 2013|
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Benefits:||We offer competitive pay and a complete benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), and PTO. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Animal Health International, Inc. is the premier animal health products distributor offering cattle, equine, poultry, swine and companion animal products and|
supplies. We have a career opportunity for Material Handlers for our location in Fort Worth, Texas.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.|
• Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Uses computer to enter records.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to customers.
• Completes requisition forms to order supplies.
• Prepares parcels for mailing. Maintains inventory records.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE |
• High school diploma or GED
• 2-3 yrs work experience
• Knowledge related to animal health is desired.
Must have a working knowledge of general warehouse procedures and functions, be self motivated and work in variable climate conditions within the warehouse. May be required to lift 75-100 lbs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.