*Material Handler/Delivery Driver
|February 04, 2013 - March 04, 2013|
|Benefits:||We offer competitive pay and a complete benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Assistance and PTO. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Animal Health International is a premier animal health products distributor offering cattle, equine, poultry, swine and companion animal products and supplies. We have a career opportunity for a Material Handler/Delivery Driver to join our team in Wolcott, IN. |
|Duties:||Pull, deliver, load and unload products to customers.|
Perform general delivery and warehouse duties.
• Drives truck to deliver customer orders to place of business.
• Collects money from customers and records transactions on customer receipt.
• Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
• Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise, and credits returns upon request of customers and/or management.
• Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Cleans inside of truck and notifies management of any problems with delivery vehicle immediately.
• Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Uses computer to enter records.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Completes requisition forms to order supplies.
• Prepares parcels for mailing. Maintains inventory records.
|Qualifications:||Experienced in delivery, shipping, receiving, pulling and packing. |
Must have or be able to get class B CDL with Haz Mat. Livestock background preferred.
Must be able to lift and move a minimum of 75+ lbs. on a frequent basis.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.